By bringing teeth, lips, and jaws into proper alignment, the teeth can function better. Straight teeth are easier to clean, contribute to healthy teeth and gums, and are more likely to last your lifetime. Benefits of orthodontic treatment include the following:
- A more attractive smile
- Reduced appearance-consciousness during critical development years
- Better function of the teeth
- Improved self-confidence
- Increased ability to clean the teeth
- Improved force distribution and wear patterns of the teeth
- Better long term health of teeth and gums
- Guide permanent teeth into more favorable positions
- Reduce the risk of injury to protruded front teeth
- Aid in optimizing other dental treatment
Drs. Chan and Chen provide comprehensive orthodontic services for all ages, and work with patients to determine the most suitable treatment for each individual. Esthetic options and hidden braces are available to minimize the appearance of the appliances.
A beautiful smile contributes to self-esteem, self-confidence and self-image which are important qualities at every age.