We hope you are all healthy and well! We have just received the announcement from the state regarding dental offices’ reopening plan.
Starting May 25 we will be able to treat urgent and emergent conditions. Elective procedures are deferred until Massachusetts enters Phase 2.
If you have an upcoming appointment we will be reaching out to you this week to confirm or reschedule.
Our utmost priority is the safety of you and our team. We have been very busy with preparing our office for reopening in the new normal.
While you may not be able to see all the changes, there are some areas that will be noticeably different. For example, you will see sneeze shields and dividers at the reception desk and in our clinical area. The refreshment and game areas have been temporarily removed. Our team members will have different uniforms and PPE. Each team member will have a health screening and temperature taken before each shift.
We have also modified our appointment flow and check-in procedures in order to maintain social distancing wherever possible in the office:
Before your appointment
- Before each appointment we will have a pre-appointment questionnaire
- All forms, paperwork, and payments can be completed online before your appointment
- Please use the restroom and brush your teeth at home before coming to your appointment (our restrooms and toothbrushing station are temporarily closed)
- Please wear your mask into the office
At your appointment
- Please call/text us when you arrive in the parking lot, and we will let you know when we are ready to have you come upstairs. Enter through the main entrance facing North Main St.
- We ask that patients come up to the appointment unaccompanied whenever possible
- Your temperature will be taken upon arrival at the office
- We will take you in directly to the treatment area for your procedure
- After your appointment is finished, please go down the side stairwell that exits the side door of the building facing Pearson St.
- We will call/text you to provide updates and schedule your next appointment
We have restructured our schedule in order to adjust our capacity. First morning appointments will be prioritized for patients with higher risks.
We will continue to offer virtual appointments, especially for appliance/aligner/retainer checkups, dental development checkups, and consultations.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Dr. Kathleen, Dr. Ivy & Team
May 18, 2020